Go To

Monday, October 14, 2013

the Mayor, the Mare, and the Mirror

So, I have finally returned to my blog after an absence of just under a year and a half. With a little revamping, I am encouraged to share my journey thus far.
What can I say...?
A LOT has happened in the last year and a half. But, rather than catching you up on all the boring details, I will simply state my current standings:

The Mayor
I recently returned to my beloved land of Texas. I reconnected with a couple friends from years past and found a common interest with one named Sarah. Sarah and I were on the hunt for a church and decided to form an alliance- an united front, if you will. We decided to visit Christ Fellowship and were submerged into a whole new level of culture-shock. It was so unlike anything I had ever experienced. It was free. It was beautiful. It was right. I encountered the Lord in a whole new way than I ever even knew was possible. I was exposed to things I had no insight to and that was okay! I have found a new passion in Christ and realized that He is a personal savior; He is my personal savior. So I have committed to Him and am being constantly amazed by His power, grace, gifts and miracles. I am learning to give Yahweh command of every aspect of my life.
The Mare
Another significant change in my life is that I am now in a relationship. That's right, you heard it. ME, Brooklinn Raughton, is in a relationship. He is strong and  steady (which alone is a great gift from God, as I have never been anything but a constant ball of change). He is longsuffering, humorous and kind. He also tends to say "mayor", "mare", and "mirror" identically...
So without further ado, here is a great shot of us (many thanks to our dear friend at EmmaDilemma ).
The Mirror
Looking back on the last eighteen months of my life, it is so characteristic of God to completely change our course of direction in such a humorous way. I learned several things during this time, but one main thing comes to mind now. I am a TERRIBLE actor. If you Google my name, you will be delighted to find a friend's YouTube short, in which I play a girl named Stacy. I will save you the trouble of the search though and supply your needs!



Five months ago I was planning to leave for college and join the Army. A relationship was never on the horizon and I was more than happy about that. I wanted nothing more than to devote myself to serving as a career JAG Officer. However, I soon realized that was no longer my desire. I want to help young women in America and the Nations around the world heal from hurts and rise up into the new creature the Lord has designed them to be! I have begun studying toward a Bachelor's in Theological Studies with a concentration in Biblical Counseling. The trajectory of my life is a full 180-degree difference from where I was headed a year and a half ago. I am so grateful. I am so blessed.
I will leave you all with a sweet reflection of my former life (and my longer hair!)




No comments:

Post a Comment